The first 5 pictures were taken at Artist Point. The rest were taken at Matia Island. Earlier this year my Parents took us on an amazing trip to Matia island. I got to drive the boat a little bit, and everyone had fun, even Jackson. Matia island is a small tiny island, not far from Bellingham that is very beautiful. After we got their, we all took a walk around the island. Jackson especially liked hanging out with his Nanna -that means Grandma York for those who don't know. My Mom has a gift with little kids, all kids love her- I think she hides cheerios in her pocket or something- so its not suprising that Jackson loves her too. He loves his Grandpa too, especially since Grandpa has lots of cool big kid toys, like a boat to drive. We had a ton of fun, and I can't wait to go again.
For the nerdy photographers who care: I didn't use photoshop to get the weird acid trip look for my photos, I unfortunately just have the software that came with my Canon camera. I was playing around with the histogram-which I usually just raise to lighten photos or pull downwards to darken them. I learned a while back that if you place a point on the upper left portion of the histogram and one at the bottom right, it changes the 45degree line into an "S" shaped curve, for some reason which I don't understand it changes where the color is transferred onto the picture-and gives it a bizarre look. After you do this, you can further manipulate the picture by either increasing/decreasing the -1 to +1 exposure feature. This isn't something that I would ever use when photographing a person, but it is kinda cool when used with scenery. It might not be something that I would ever hang on a wall, but it is fun to fiddle with. This feature really has the ability to enhance certain aspects of your picture which may have been unoticable at first. For example, in one of my original shots at Matia Island you could barely see the clouds, but after the effects, it made the clouds very contrasty and colorful, while deemphasizing other parts.
4 comments:
Those are pretty! I like them a lot. Now you need to take pictures of the Gingerbread houses!!! I want to see them!
Matia Island was a fun trip.
can't wait to go again.
It is also amazing in winter
we will have to go out soon.
Dad York
that is so amazing I love the picture of the bridge with the shadows, and the one with the clouds in Matia, very beautiful. Why did you put that goofy picture of nana in there? you are such a great photographer. Great eye for beauty.
That picture with you and Jackson is one of my favorites, I like how you guys look like your on a little adventure together.
Post a Comment