Sunday, December 28, 2008

One year ago....

One year ago our baby boy came into our family. What a blessing Jackson is to Jonathan and I. He is such a good baby and we couldn't be more blessed. We celebrated his birthday tonight with lots of family. Thank you to all who came and for the wonderful gifts.




When Jackson was born he got a turtle stuffed animal and he has been attached to it ever since, so I decided that he needed a turtle cake for his first birthday......so I went to work. This was what we came up with.

Openning presents with dad

He didn't quite know what to do with the mound of cake placed before him. He didn't want to put his fingers in it, so we gave him a fork. We have been pretty picky about what he eats, so the few bites that he did take probably contained more sugar than he has had his whole first year.
What a year it has been. Learning and discovering so many new things. We are looking forward to all the new year will bring for our little family.

4 comments:

Liz said...

i can't believe your little boy is 1! it's so amazing to me how fast time has gone by since these babies have come into our lives. jackson is such a great kid and we love that he and brookie are such good friends. we love you guys!

Grandma said...

thanks so much for inviting us it was so sweet to see you both so happy. Jackson is such a wonderfully intelligent little guy. I think I'll crash your parties more often.

kaitlyn said...

Happy Birthday jackson! I love the cake you made, amazing!

Peter and Lesha said...

that cake looks great! cant believe he is one! he does look a lot older than Carson. Cute snow pics too