Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunting

Saturday afternoon we went out to my aunt and uncles house to find a Christmas tree (they have thier own little Christmas tree farm). It is Jackson's first Christmas and it was fun watching him play in the trees and help us pick out the perfect one.



He and my mom found us the perfect tree



He was not too excited however, when my dad started up the chainsaw and started cutting the tree down. We have come to realize that Jackson isn't too fond of loud noises (ie: vacuum cleaners, chainsaws!)


The finished product! After cutting a foot off the bottom and about 3 feet off the top it fits perfectly! With Jackson running around we'll see how long the ornaments stay on the bottom half of the tree. I love this time of year with all the decorations and the crisp smell that fills the air each night. But the smell I really look forward too is the smell of a freshly cut Christmas tree.

6 comments:

kaitlyn said...

looks like you guys had a great time! your tree/decorations look fantastic!

Bonnie and Tyler said...

I am so sad I missed it. i love this time of year!

The Ferguson Family said...

What a beautiful tree you guys! Jackson is getting so big! I love his chubby cheeks!

And yes, I'm pregnant again!

Anonymous said...

You look like such a beautiful family! I love how festive and ornate the tree looks! You're such a fun mom Shanna. Taking your little man to a Christmas tree farm...I remember going to cut our own tree as a little girl. It is a fond memory of mine. It didn't happen much for us because you buy trees at the store in Las Vegas. But when we did go out it felt magical!

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so pretty, is he walking? that is great how fun yeah I love to go cute trees down and Peter is into just buying on at Haggen:) last year I gave in and we bought one at haggen but it's just cause I was freezing while out hunting for the perfect one and it was late at night so I said bag it. Hopefully we will cut one this year.

April said...

Looks great,I love this time of year!
April